Beautifully situated in the countryside in the south of the Loire region
Château de Bournizeaux is located just south of the river valley of the Loire, famous for its châteaux, gardens, sunflowers, cheeses and great wines. The Chapel of St. Margarethe was built in 1735 and the château in its present form was built in the same period. Fortified constructions were already present in Bournizeaux from 1151. The château was owned by several noble families until about 1950. In the 1990s, Bournizeaux was owned by a family of antique dealers who started restoring the neglected buildings.
In 2003 the château was bought by the current proud owners who continue the restoration of the main and outbuildings and also built the private airfield with 3 runways. Last year, the slate roof of the main building and the adjoining farmhouse were completely restored. Work is still being done on the interior of the farm to be converted into gites.
There are now four beautiful bedrooms available for B&B, so that more guests can enjoy this beautiful and quiet place in an authentic French château!